Oh, hi! ♥
So, I'm back and Paris was perrrrfect :) We had such a wonderful time!
I feel like we got a really good feel for the city and all it has to offer. We saw some incredible things and explored. When we didn't have something specific to do we would just wander around & find new places. Pete and I tend to be very laid back travellers, we like to really get to know a city when visiting rather than sticking to tourist areas only.
It's hard to think of only 10, but here they are! I am going to have a series of posts coming up in the next few weeks, with more photo's & I will talk more about some of these things for sure! :)
1. Sit in a cafe & people watch! // This was honestly the best. Pete and I would have a coffee or a drink and just sit outside and watch the people go by. Almost every single cafe you'd see has tables and chairs out front and there's always tons of people sitting outside. I loved to watch everyone because I was so blown away by everyone's style. Specifically the men! (swoon)
2. Get "lost in Paris" // Literally, and because it's just kind of a saying. It's so nice to explore and wander around and not be on a time line. It didn't matter if we went the wrong way or took longer than anticipated because we always made our own schedule. A lot of the streets look similar and there's so many little streets everywhere, it's easy to get lost! Get out there and explore!
3. Buy cheap wine & champagne from the grocery store/ liquor store (& macarons) // This blew my mind, Haha. The booze is so cheap! No wonder the french love their wine! I would be drinking it every night too if I could buy a bottle for under $5! I loved that you could get wine pretty much anywhere, and really good wine for SO cheap! Champagne too :) & some macarons wouldn't hurt! We'd buy our wine from a liqour store called "Nicolas" or the grocery store and come back after dinner and drink at our apartment!
4. Have a picnic in front of the Eiffel Tower // We hungout by the ET on a beautiful sunny day and it was just perrrrfect. There were a bunch of other people just kind of lounging but it was still quiet with a perfect view of course. I'd suggest getting a baguette (obvs) some champagne and snacks at a market near your place and then bring it there since it tends to be more expensive by the tower.
5. Window shop! // I personally couldn't afford much in Paris! Hehe. There were some amazing stores but they were very much out of my price range. For the first time in my life I was actually just window shopping rather than buying! My favourite things to drool over from outside were jewellery stores!
6. Stop & smell the roses! // This one is going to get a whole post on it's own since I am seriously in love with flowers. In fact I recently decided I want to be a florist (lolz) I was so blown away by how beautiful all the flowers were. I totally wanted to buy them all. EEE!
7. Shop small // @ local shops & markets & vendors // Since we can't all afford chanel bags, my favourite places to shop were at local shops, boutiques, markets and of course these adorable vendors along the water! So many awesome things! Super meaningful & special too :)
8. Petit Dejeuner! // The best thing EVER. When Pete and I first stumbled across an adorable cafe and discovered what a Petit Dejeuner was we were so excited. It's a typical french breakfast served at cafe's. It comes with coffee, freshly squeezed orange juice and of course BREAD! Croissants, fresh pastries etc. Each one is a bit differnent - bread surprise? Yesss please.
9. The Lock Bridge! // Talk about something totally cute that I would love :) The lock bridge is between the left and right back in Paris. I love this area and the bridges overlooking the water. One day I was looking down at boats passing and waving to everyone (the best) I will do a separate post about the lock bridge and what it all means!
10. See the Eiffel Tower *sparkle* at night! // Ah, talk about the prettiest thing ever. Pete and I and the awesome couple we rented a place with went out for a nice dinner by the Eiffel Tower and then headed to see this babe all lit up. Every hour on the hour there is a light show and shit gets SPARKLY! We brought some wine and just stood in awe to watch the Eiffel Tower sparkle and shine! It's an absolute must if you're visiting!
Well, I am sure I missed some things since there really are so many amazing things to do. But, I will probably mention them in some upcoming posts! Please come back soon for more Paris inspired posts!